Sunday, July 06, 2008

Prince Caspian

Colin and I went to see Prince Caspian on Tuesday night

It was very good.

He had free tickets from a Coca-Cola promotion so I didn't even have to pay, but it would have been worth paying for.

I read all the Narnia books when I was a kid but never since, so I had forgotten the plots and most of the characters, and I didnt watch the first movie. It was an interesting combination of make-up and props and computer animation. I particularly liked the Centaurs, I thought they were very well done.

Disney have had to take the books out of sequence because the action in Prince Caspian takes place only a year after the action in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, so they couldn't let the actors get much older before filming it. CS Lewis moved backwards and forwards in time as he wrote the books - not like JK Rowling with Harry Potter, so it has made the filming a bit more difficult.

The countryside is rather lovely, I have Googled and found out that the locations were primarily New Zealand, with bits of Poland, Slovenia and the Czech Republic.

Anyway, I would recommend the film, I wont give the plot away, although you may well have the read book. This is not a precise copy of the book, but reasonably faithful I am told.
Do go!

No comments: