Thursday, July 02, 2009

A beautiful weekend in Cornwall




I spent Father's Day weekend in Cornwall visting my father and other members of my family who had also converged there. The weather was glorious and we had a wonderful time, I was only sorry not to be able to spend more time there.

I drove down on the Friday, 375 miles in 6 and a half hours, stopping only once for a pitstop somewhere south of Weston Super Mare, and coming home on the Monday I did the same journey in 6 hours. It was less painful a journey that I had anticipated, both ways, I should go more often, although it is still a long way to go for a weekend.

We didn't do anything wildly exciting, but really enjoyed being together, it was heart-warming and spirit lifting and I am really pleased I made the effort.

I also took the chance to see old Labour colleagues and friends Jude and Steve for a coffee before driving home.

Here are a few photos - I understand it was raining back home!

2 comments:

scouseboy said...

Christmas must be a logistical nightmare for you, with your Dad living in Cornwall and your Mum in the North East!!

Louise Baldock said...

Hi pal, it would be if they were not so generous about each other. I had Christmas with both sets in the NE the year before last, and summer with both sets in Cornwall this year. Sometimes I have to choose between them, if they are in different places, although I tend to prioritise my wonderful glorious nephews and where they will be.
This Christmas though, I threw caution to the wind and Colin and Mike and I had a fabulous time in Portugal, with no family at all.