Friday, July 17, 2009

Arty in Southport

On another trip to Southport last week, I went to see an art exhibition in a café, showing work by my friend Sheila McCoy. We sat and had a hot chocolate, with all the trimmings, and a piece of cake, and watched all the ladies coming and going and admiring the art. I kept wanting to jump up and say “My friend took those photographs, aren’t they great!”. And they were great, abstract shots of the docks, exquisitely done, you can tell she has an arty background! The only single downside was that her work was on a wall above a sofa, and it meant shoving out of the way, the woman trying to eat her soup, each time anyone wanted to look at them. I have told her that next time she needs to be more diva-esque and insist on a better set-up. I will have to find out the name of the cafe so I can put it up here and you can go see for yourself

No comments: