Friday, October 10, 2008

John Moores Contemporary Art exhibition and competition

Lisa and Rosa and I had a brief visit to the Walker Art Gallery yesterday to look at the John Moores Contemporary Exhibition and Competition and to vote for our favourite piece of art. Lisa voted for Cornerways, an interesting mixed-media composition of a modern bungalow set in a flower landscape, and I went for the beautifully executed Special Relativity. Robert had already voted for Hero Worship when he was visiting me last week. I didn’t think much to “Fontana”, the art critic’s choice of winner at all though, it felt extremely dated to me. And I was not overly impressed with the close-up of a woman's genitals, named "Cunt" either, to be honest. See what you think, either pop in the Walker or check out the link. Who would you vote for?

No comments: