Friday, April 27, 2007

Rosa's Welcome Event

I had an invitation today to Rosa's first birthday and welcoming party.

She is the most adorable baby, I love her so much.

Anyway, I am challenged to come up with wishes and pledges for the event, to paste into her special scrap book.

When Isaac was born I pledged to be his godmother in kind, albeit that he doesnt have any and it was not a religious ceremony. I was thinking about pledging the same for Rosa but adding that my wish for her is that she finds a friend she can be close to throughout her life in the way that I have been close to her mother for 29 years thus far.

Lisa is a Quaker, I dont know whether Quakers have religious ceremonies on a par with baptism, probably they do, but Rosa's Dad is not religious so far as I know, so presumably that is not an option.

What do you think I should wish and promise and hope for a beautiful baby girl with loving parents and a great big brother? Ideas and suggestions please...

No comments: