Monday, March 01, 2010

Walkabout on GEARS

I spent several hours walking round the GEARS streets in Fairfield this afternoon with the Chair of the TRA assessing the environmental enhancement works carried out by Kensington CIC. The works are to be handed over at the end of July and we wanted to ensure that any snagging needs were captured before it is too late. It was sunny and quite warm outside of the shade and I was stopped by four different residents wanting to chat about local issues. One man wanted to talk about his plans to green his entry, while another wanted my help to secure playing time on the new football pitches at Newsham Park (due to open in September). This is one part of my job as a councillor that I really enjoy, catching up with the people who elected me and helping them to change their community for the better.

No comments: