Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Thursday morning Councillor's Surgery in the Library in Kensington

An interesting surgery last week, I had three different visitors, I wont say too much about that, but one was a regular visitor who is my eyes and ears in the community, one was a regular visitor who has been poisoned by Carbon Monoxide and is looking for some justice - I have been seeing him for over 2 years now, and my third visitor was someone who wanted to talk to me about how the new developments on Gilead Street was affecting him and his neighbours in nearby Minto Close.

And when I had finished my surgery I had a long discussion with some union members who had chosen to be there, about the proposed changes in library hours due to LibDem budget proposals. Very interesting it was and I came away with lots of questions to ask about how the closure of certain sessions in Childwall, Walton and Garston (Cressington) might affect the users.

You may or may not know that I was our school's Chief Librarian (and still have the badge) before I began my working career (more or less) as a Library Assistant and have a City and Guilds Certificate as a Library and Information Assistant's Certificate. So I am more than passionate about this.

More on this later.

No comments: