Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Scrutiny Panel looking at OBV shadowing scheme

It must be a month or so now since I suggested as the Deputy Chair of Overview and Scrutiny Select Committee that we should have our own scrutiny panels and that as a suggestion, one of them should be about the OBV scheme.

It took me a fortnight to persuade the Chair, Cllr Sidorczuk to agree with me, but he did in the end, and Cllr Erica Kemp and I met with Council Officers earlier this week to discuss what our work plan might look like.

We made really good progress and I am really looking forward to the scrutiny work. If you have been a mentor, a mentee or an officer involved in this process then we welcome your input, and if you were on the outside looking in but still have a view, that would be great too, email me, thanks

No comments: