Saturday, May 30, 2009

Almond in West Derby

Last night I went out with Stephen and Kev for a drink in West Derby. There were no signs of any shooters, it all seemed pretty safe to me! We ran into Vicky from the Academy with one of her colleagues, which was nice. It was such a beautiful evening, all the beer gardens were full of people enjoying themselves and looking forward to today's FA Cup Final.

We ended up in Almond in the village, which is a really impressive restaurant, using only locally sourced food and I thought the service was particularly good, very warm and friendly. I was a bit shocked at the size of the bill, but we did drink two bottles of wine with our meal, and have at least two courses each, so I suppose I should not complain. We ate olives, bread and pesto, then I had a pate starter, followed by pan fried chicken on a potato and red cabbage rosti with wild mushrooms, mange tout and carrots. It was gorgeous. I can definitely recommend it but take plenty of money with you, we paid £35 a head, which is a lot more than I would normally pay, even despite the wine.

A very good evening with two good friends and lots of quality conversation, a great way to end the week.

No comments: