Sunday, August 30, 2009

Annual boiler service

The guy from British Gas came to undertake my annual boiler service this week and this time he remembered to ask me if I had a Carbon Monoxide detector installed. Top marks - I gave them a rocket after last time, when they gave me a form showing that I did not have a detector (which of course I do), without even asking me or discussing it with me.

Through the CO Awareness Society I was able to talk to the top BT guy on the phone that time, and he promised action to ensure that this is not just a tick box exercise but a real safety need. People should be told about them during the service, and they are meant to try to sell you one then and there from the van - mind you they are much cheaper in Rapid, but that is not the point.

So I am pleased with the progress they are making

No comments: