Tuesday, February 05, 2008

North West Labour Party Local Government Training Day

On Saturday we hosted the North West Labour Party's Local Government Training Day at the Devonshire House Hotel in Liverpool.

Over 100 people came to talk about campaigning.

I held a workshop on the role of candidates between now and May. I ran it twice and both were great fun.

For reasons I shall not explain, I dont want to give any tricks away to the opposition after all, I asked the attendees to tell me whether they had ever met anyone famous.

It was an amazing list;

Leaving national politicians aside (lots of people have met the PM and the former PM), trainees had met

Gordon Banks
Paul McCartney
The Queen
Richard Attenborough
Ron Hill the marathon runner
One man had been blessed by the Pope as a child
and one woman had made curtains for the Liverpool football team.

There were lots more but I cannot remember them all.

For my part, I once walked past a man who I strongly believed to be James Garner from the Rockford Files in London.

Anyway it all went very well and as always it was great to see old friends and make some new ones.

No comments: