Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day



What better way to illustrate St Valentine's Day than with a heart-shaped strawberry from my sister Maxine's kitchen?

May your day be filled with love and warmth and joie de vivre

(And if you have forgotten to send your loved one a card then you have my permission to save the photo and send it to them by email. It might just save the day)

This is my favourite love poem too that I would like to share with my more romantic readers

Sonnet
by Christina Rossetti

I wish I could remember that first day,
First hour, first moment of your meeting me,
If bright or dim the season, it might be
Summer or Winter for aught that I can say;
So unrecorded did it slip away,
So blind was I to see and to foresee,
So dull to mark the budding of my tree
That would not blossom yet for many a May.
If only I could recollect it, such
A day of days! I let it come and go
As traceless as a thaw of bygone snow;
It seemed to mean so little, meant so much;
If only now I could recall that touch,
First touch of hand in hand.--Did one but know!

No comments: