Monday, August 27, 2007

Ian and Emma's wedding in Hessle





















I was in Hessle, Humberside, late last week, at the marriage of Ian Hardy and his lovely bride Emma Mattinson.

It was mainly a family affair, brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews, mum, dad and gran, aunts and uncles in abundance. It was so nice to be with such a warm and happy gathering. The bride and groom both looked fabulous, the bridesmaids were all gorgeous, even my mate Colin who was the best man, scrubbed up quite well in his lavender waistcoat!

The Methodist service was great and we sang some of my favourite hymns - When a knight won his spurs in the stories of old (which Emma's Dad didn't like as he is an Arsenal fan), Give me oil in my lamp, keep me burning and Lord of all Hopefulness (which the minister announced as Lord of all Hopelessness, I guess he is that too).

I will stick a couple of photos up, I took lots so that I can share them with Emma and some of her guests - the official ones always cost such a lot of money.

I also took some nice photos of the Humber bridge - we were staying in its shadow.

The weather was hot and sunny and beautiful, probably the nicest day we have had since May 3rd. A good omen for a happy future I am sure.

No comments: