Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Ade Devers, winner of the Liverpool City Council Breakthrough Champion Award 2009













Readers may recall that when Ade Devers, winner of the Liverpool City Council Breakthrough Champion Award was awarded his trophy in St George's Hall earlier this year, he was on holiday. His award was collected by his colleague Dave Rae.

I was in the City and North Liverpool team offices recently when I espied Ade's awards on his desk. Given that he was not photographed with his award, I took a couple of (not very good) photos on my camera phone and hope to persuade the city magazine to publish them.

Although I write my blog as an individual, I know full well that on this occasion I can speak with one of my "official" hats on, when I say, on behalf of all the 18 councillors in our district, well done Ade, you were a worthy winner, and our residents benefit from your work on a daily basis. All strength to your elbow (and thanks for your special knowledge in our quiz earlier this week, fancy you knowing which football team John Kelly supports!)

No comments: