Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Kensington All Saints Brownies meet the Royal Family

Just a little update following up on my story about  the Kensington Brownies hoping to meet the Queen, as they share their 60th anniversary with her this year.

As I hoped and suspected, Wendy and the team at Liverpool City Council's culture department were able to talk to Dame Lorna Muirhead and her team about making sure that when the Royal family visited Liverpool last month, they did indeed meet our brownies.

And here are the photos to prove it.


And here is the note from Brown Owl, Jan Hughes, that accompanied the photographs. 


Well, what can I say - we had an amazing day last Thursday, I just wanted to say thank you again for making it happen! I don't know who else you forwarded our original e-mail to as it made its way to the Lord Lieutenant, so I can't get in touch and thank them personally, but I'm so glad you did!! Please pass on our thanks to anyone who helped to give us such a day to remember.




I've attached a few photos of the big moment when the Queen and Prince Philip came and spoke to us, as well as the girls being interviewed by Radio Merseyside and the BBC! We certainly achieved celebrity status that day! (and I was live on Radio Merseyside's Daybreak programme on Sunday too! ) We have had an unforgettable once-in-a-lifetime experience, and that was all down to you, so a massive THANK YOU from all the Guiders and Brownies of 372nd Liverpool Pack!!

Congratulations to all the Brownies and their leaders!

No comments: